Search This Blog

Pushed to Politics

I never wanted to write a political blog. My original idea was to share family stories and encourage others to think about – and possible write about – their family stories. Family stories are good and seem necessary to our feeling rooted and a part of some important continuity. The stories we tell our children don’t have to be magical or about perfect people. No child can measure up to perfection. Stories help them to know those who have gone before, “warts and all,” and to feel acceptable in spite of their own shortcomings.

However, I can’t ignore events around me. Not only do I care, I am deeply disturbed by much of it. It can’t go unnoticed, unspoken, unwritten.

I shall continue to write about my family and ordinary people to illustrate our common experiences. I hope others do something similar.

In the meantime, part of our reality is the strong effect politics has on our daily life. Though I am not politically savvy, I will write about important effects on us. The “effects” are more important to me than the politics. Sadly, they are connected.

No comments:

Post a Comment