Search This Blog

Blogbits: Passing Thoughts on Someone Passing

I knew there would be memories, but I forgot the anniversaries. 

After her husband died, I would call her on significant days. Of course I called on the day he died (December 4), but also their wedding anniversary (April 3), and his birthday (June 28). 

The first couple of years - maybe few - I would say, "I was thinking of you today; how are you doing?" Later, I stop bringing it up but I would still call on those days and just let her talk. 

After she was gone, the first time I saw one of those anniversaries (December 4th) my automatic response was an impulse to call. Of course, in a couple seconds, I realized there's no one to call. 

And so it goes. I suppose there will be other anniversaries to add to those I've remembered so far and certainly other thoughts and memories. 

I feel oddly detached, as though I'm an observer of someone else's life - not unfeeling, just detached.

Strange business when someone passes.



#blogbits #bluemissn

No comments:

Post a Comment