Search This Blog

A Quandary, If You Must Know


My memories of people are sometimes good ones, sometimes not, sometimes too much… often too much 
  to keep knots out of my stomach and tears from my eyes. 

But what of pets? A cat, if you must know, not even the first to die but one of many and the third to die but not the third to miss and say goodbye. 

I accept necessary memories that are mixed with pain and understand people - why they loved, why they didn’t… understand their needs and flaws. 

But what of pets? A cat, if you must know. There’s no logic, except I was needed. Pets depend on us - that is not love. They can be a nuisance but they are not cruel, only selfishly demanding. If they die or leave us, it is not in their control. 

We are taught to forgive people and let the pain go. But what of pets?  A cat, if you must know. A quandary, if you must know.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment