Search This Blog

MissN's Blog Bits: September Story

If I could do it, I would not recall anything about September.

I can’t forget any of it.

It always started off nice and always ended with some horrific circumstance.

I love September. I love the cooler weather, having more energy, and feeling connected again to nature. I love trees, rocks, and earth. They are beautiful any time of year but, after the oppressive heat of summer, I feel a surge of connection again.

Now I dread it – while trying hard not to cause a neurotic, self-fulfilling prophecy of doom.

September. 

All sorts of words - none pleasant - come to mind but, in fact, it's not September I reject. It's my feelings about the memories...the memories.

And yet…

I love the cooler air, the changing trees, and the newness of a different season. i have survived my Septembers and the memories, though not always prettily.

All my life could be summed up in my Septembers.

No comments:

Post a Comment